One of our latest mold removal and remediation jobs in Wisconsin was to help a homeowner who is planning to sell their home. The homeowner wanted to have the mold removed and remediated before the home went on the market. In this case, the property had some minor mold issues in the basement.
Process Used for Mold Removal and Remediation at Property
1) Sprayed the walls with an anti-microbial biocide
2) Scrubbed the walls with the anti-microbial biocide
3) Placed a topical barrier on the walls…then
4) Encapsulated the walls with an anti-microbial paint
Tips for Preventing Mold in Your Basement
1) Find Source of Water or High Moisture Culprit in the Basement
2) Keep the Basement Humidity Level Between 30 – 50%
3) Keep some air movement going in the basement, add fans if needed on low speed
(Remember mold in the basement can be very common…see our blog post on mold prevention.)
Keep these tips in mind to keep mold from growing in your basement. De-cluttering in a basement is also a way to remove sources for mold. Mold growth happens when there is a moisture issue along with a source for mold to grow on. This can include paper, card board boxes, fabric, dust and other organic material.
If you need help with a mold issue at your property, please call CCS Property Services at 920.435.2288. Our mold removal and remediation job experts will get your property back to pre-mold conditions.